Friday, April 27, 2012

Some additions I would lilke to see to the basic game (add your thoughts)

So I am a late bloomer when it comes to FIFA. First game I bought was 2009 and have seen it come ligth years from where it was as far as gameplay goes. But one of the greatest (and hardest I will add) features of FIFA is the realism that comes with it. Everyone wants their stadium, their players' kits, everything to be exactly correct. So just some tips that I would like to see changed for the upcoming game (MODS, could at least give it a lookover?)
Stadiums - How cool is it to play in a stadium that you know and love? I know it would be near impossible to graphic every single stadium out there. But do it a little at a time. Add a few countries each year. I know there are probably licensing issues to deal with from your standpoint EA, but if every other game you make (other than the NCAA's) can do it, why not here?
Also to note - Stadium names add a ton of realism to the game play. I'm a nerd and I go in and add them myself (yes, every single one) because imo it adds something extra to the game.
Leagues - I think the joy of starting small (I've played with Tier 4 teams in England) is that there's always the possibility of moving down if you * that year. To me, its a powerful motivation to kick * and buy the best players, train the best, and do your best so you don't lose advertising, etc. Add the 2nd tier leagues were it applies. Leagues that only have one division are no fun to play in beacuse you know if you blow it one year then nothing is going to happen.
Add some leagues where teams are pretty dang good (also have high UEFA ratings). Look at Ukraine, Romania, and the Israeli leagues all of that only adds to the experience. The more teams that make the UCL and Europa leagues make it more realistic come time for the Group Stages and what not.
Now about Career Mode/Manager Mode whatever you wanna call it now. Why go through all that change? Being a player who rarely ventures online, I loved the 2010 career modes. I had several teams where I played them from bottom of the barrel and had to cut my teeth working my way up. It was so much fun. Now, all of that fun is taken away by killing any non-transfer budget money. I loved that a team like Aldershot had nothing and I had to win like crazy just to get their fitness up and the EXP points to go up, and get killed by monsters like Arsenal and Man U in the league cups because that’s how it happens. All of that joy was taken away when you changed it.
I will say this though. The negotiations are awesome. I love being able to do it to the dollar, they send it back, you pay up, all more realistic. Kudos on that aspect.
This is just the first of many aspects I’d like to see change, but what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment